Monday, September 21, 2009

Song Of The Week

As it was Dan Gillespie Sells’ birthday yesterday, I think it’s only fitting that a Feeling song is song of the week this week. So, this weeks song of the week is…

I Thought It Was Over by The Feeling

Where to begin?!

Well, firstly it’s one of the only songs which springs to mind, that I have never got bored of. I don’t think the moment has ever occurred when this has come on my MP3 player and I’ve thought “I don’t want to listen to this right now”. That in itself is an achievement!

Having recently been learning to play this on keyboard, I’m really appreciating just how beautifully structured it is! It’s barely been out of my head in weeks, and I’m loving it!

As a massive fan of The Feeling, nothing compares to standing on the front row at a gig, (the first time I’ve ever been right at the front for a gig!) hearing the first few bars of “I Thought It Was Over” and watching in awe as “the wall comes down” to reveal The Feeling! Such wonderful memories! x

No comments:

Post a Comment