Thursday, March 18, 2010

Green

Today is St. Patrick’s Day.

Growing up on the South Side of Chicago, it’s always been a pretty big deal. I’ve donned something “South Side Irish” since I was born, I think. My earliest memory is a satin green jacket with my name embroidered on the upper right front…and South Side Irish on the back. So cool. No satin jackets anymore, but I do have a pretty sweet t-shirt and winter hat. I wore both to work today…even though it was about 55˚ outside today.

3:30 pm rolled around and the potato skin bar was unveiled. As were the kegs of green beer. One by the potatoes. The other was a rolling keg bar that was carted through the office for all to enjoy…complete with Irish music. I still had a lot of work to do, but since I wasn’t able to go OUT to celebrate this year, the work festivities were very welcomed.

M came over yesterday to hang with the kiddo. It was a nice night. And I think that we were able to work together to put a quick stop to a certain 2-year old trying to bargain, manipulate and work us before bedtime. It was one of the few times we’ve actually been in a place to do this. It was kind of nice to have the back-up. Even if only for a night.

The pugs got a bath and their nails done today. (Much needed) Isabella got a bath too. And while I’m B would have preferred it to be WITH the puggies, that was not the case. ;)

Sounds like M went to the DBSA group this evening, which I think is great. He was talking about trying to apply for disability. And I think that there may be some good resources there of others who have gone down the path before him.

** I wanted to wish a belated birthday to one of my blog-reading-friends: ASP. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND! I see big things in the upcoming year for you…and couldn’t think of someone more deserving of big things and good times. ;) **

Oh, and on a “me” note, I decided to try to give up pop. Nor for lent or any of those “I’m going to go to hell if I do XYZ on Fridays” kind of things. This is one thing that I’ve tried to do in the past, but just haven’t been able to shake it. This time I’m going with the switch to Crystal Light Tea in lieu of pop. And then I’ll slowly move to just water. I’m hoping that this is one move I can make to help get my health back on the right track. Then I need to figure out the whole “get my ass to the gym” thing. And “don’t eat french fries and shitty food” thing. Baby steps. Right? ;)

[Via http://manicmarriage.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment