Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kina Grannis - Valentine

Kina Grannis is someone I discovered some years ago on the site Digg.com when the site creator Kevin Rose spoke about her on the video podcast Diggnation. She made a rather cringe-worthy song dedicated to the site which got a lot of diggs (votes) providing her with plenty of exposure. A couple of years later and another story was posted on Digg about a new single and video announced from her called “Valentine” (released at an appropriate time) which is one of those tracks that I feel compelled to share. This song is an incredibly infectious little ditty, and has echoes of the demo version of Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours” which I posted some time ago, with its incredibly laid back and stripped down sound. The previews of the other tracks I heard from the album on her homepage sound beautifully produced and with a really organic sound, reminisent of the album Coco from Colbie Caillat I’ve blogged profusely about previously. This song flows easily over the air with it’s summery, mellow sound and if this track is any indication of what the rest of the album may sound like, I’m intently waiting on hearing it.

Kina Grannis – Valentine (Zipped Download from Official Site)

[ Mirrors | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 ]

[ From the Album "Stairwells" | Pre-order Album Here ]

[Via http://audiotherapy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment